All Gundam Universe

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Gundam Universe
All Gundam Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Neue Ziel upgrade?

4 posters

Go down

Possible Neue Ziel upgrade? Empty Possible Neue Ziel upgrade?

Post  Drace-Neue Ziel Tue 12 Jul 2011, 3:34 pm

So I've seen Char's Counterattack a number of times and had always wondered something.

Is the Alpha Azieru an upgrade of the Neue Ziel?

Possible Neue Ziel upgrade? 260px-Amx-002Possible Neue Ziel upgrade? NZ-333_Alpha_Azieru

They're models are very similar, they're both associated with a Zeon, and they both kick ass..However, I'm no expert and I'm wondering if anyone could clarify it. It would make a sensible upgrade, adding the funnels, only thing is that it dishes out the I-field barrier.
Drace-Neue Ziel
Drace-Neue Ziel

Back to top Go down

Possible Neue Ziel upgrade? Empty Re: Possible Neue Ziel upgrade?

Post  Phillip Strontheim Tue 12 Jul 2011, 4:11 pm

In short, it's not. The Alpha Azeiru is also a newtype-only mobile suit. If you wanted a straight upgrade, the closest you'd get was the Neue Ziel II.
Phillip Strontheim
Phillip Strontheim

Back to top Go down

Post  Logan Wolf Tue 12 Jul 2011, 4:41 pm

Like Phillip said, there was a Neue Ziel II that was tested by Char Azanable himself.

Possible Neue Ziel upgrade? 260px-Amx-002s

However, I find some certain similarities when comparing the armaments of the Alpha Azieru and Neue Ziel II.This is straight from Gundam Wiki:

Alpha Zieru:
2 x 2-barrel Vulcan Gun
Mega Particle Gun
2 x Wire-guided Psycommu Mega Arm
5 x Beam Gun
9 x Funnel

Neue Ziel II:
2 x Heavy claw arm
Mega particle gun/beam saber
2 x 80mm vulcan gun
6 x Missile launcher
I-field barrier generator
Unknown x funnel

The two mobile armors resort to only having two main arms (instead of the Neue Ziel's sub arms), both added vulcan guns, and both added funnels. Although it is really close in saying that it could be an upgrade of the Neue Ziel II, I would have to go with Phillip on this. If anything though I think the construction of the Alpha Azieru had to be heavily influenced by the Neue Ziel and Neue Ziel II.

Logan Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Viktor Tarasov Tue 12 Jul 2011, 4:48 pm

It is and it isn't. The Alpha Azieru is related to the Neue Ziel, but comes from a different direction of development.

Let's have a little history lesson:

Possible Neue Ziel upgrade? MyHAF
Both the Neue Ziel and the Alpha Azieru share a common ancestor in the Zero Ze Aru (aka Zero The R). It appears in the manga Char's Deleted Affair, which covers the Red Comet's stay in Axis after the One Year War. Notably, this contains an I-Field and was also classified as a Newtype-Use Mobile Armor.

It's easy to see how this red armor is related to the Neue Ziel, which Axis would develop just a few years later. However the Alpha Azieru has some other influences.

Possible Neue Ziel upgrade? FnrIpPossible Neue Ziel upgrade? 7k4a7

The Alpha Azieru is a direct descendant of the Psyco Doga (right), which was developed alongside the Jagd Doga (left), which both were projects to produce newtype-use Mobile Suits and Armors. While the Jagd appears in Char's Counterattack, the Psyco was in the Mobile Suit Varations that accompanied it. If you look closely, you can see how the Azieru is clearly similar to the Psyco Doga, which is in turn similar to the Jagd Doga, which in turn was derived from the Geara Doga, the Zaku clone of the time.

Another thing to note is that the Psyco Doga has an I-field, despite the Azieru not having one.

Possible Neue Ziel upgrade? GZ6nE

Meanwhile, there is the Neue Ziel II, which without a doubt is a direct descendant of the Neue Ziel. It has an I-field, and a lot of things expected of a Neue Ziel descendant, but it also has funnels, making it a Newtype weapon while it's parent Mobile Armor was not. I guess Zeon engineers just love funnels. This thing has only appeared in SD Gundam G Generation games, which has a lot of upgraded/derivative suits and armors that don't appear elsewhere, such as a Mass Production version of the Big Zam.
Viktor Tarasov
Viktor Tarasov

Back to top Go down

Post  Drace-Neue Ziel Tue 12 Jul 2011, 5:03 pm

I can really see how it came from the Psycho Doga. I also find the similarities in weapons between the Neue Ziel and Azieru to be pretty interesting. So I wonder if Hippo will give me the Neue Ziel II then when it's time to upgrade.

I don't know why but I have always been more fond of mobile armors in the UC universe then mobile suits. I mean come on...

Apsalus...

Neue Ziel...

Rafflesia!...
Drace-Neue Ziel
Drace-Neue Ziel

Back to top Go down

Post  Viktor Tarasov Tue 12 Jul 2011, 5:13 pm

Yeah, the Mobile Armors are pretty great. Especially when they don't rely on funnels. My favorite one will always be the Big Zam.
Viktor Tarasov
Viktor Tarasov

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down